Perhaps the most significant “green” feature is Marea Village’s mixed-use, pedestrian-centered design that will support walking and reduce car trips by providing retail services within close proximity to housing. When completed, Marea Village will achieve an energy efficiency comparable to LEED Silver under the US Green Building Council’s (USGBC) rating system.
Additionally, Marea Village will include:
- Natural ventilation
- Solar heating and solar daylighting
- Enhanced building insulation
- Energy Star rated appliances, and low flow water fixtures
- Clean energy from rooftop solar panels will power electric vehicle charging stations and interior appliances
- Ride-sharing and bicycles are integral to the design